Monday, June 5, 2017

Rebelling Teens

Before we even start, this isn't what you think it is.

I mean teens rebelling against bad teen fiction. This has been a problem for a while, and two of my friends wrote about it. The links are at the bottom of this post. 

I'm sure you all know what I mean by bad fiction. Well, lots of teen authors have started incorporating drugs, sex, profanity, drinking, and other things that nobody wants to read. 

If you are a teen author, then don't write stuff like this! As I said already, nobody wants to read this! I picked up a book once, and I don't remember what it was called, but I read the summary and I read several reviews on the book, and all of them made it sound really good! I was excited, so I checked it out from the library and made myself a single serve chocolate cake, recipe on this blog, and I curled up in a blanket and started reading. 

By the end of Chapter 1, there were no less than twenty-seven swear words. 

The chapter was only eight pages long. Eight pages!!!!!!!

So to all these teen authors who think that you should write this way:
Image result for thorin you know nothing of the world gif


Image result for don't fail me harry potter gif
And writing like this to make yourself sound cool just makes you sound completely ridiculous. There are so many good fiction books, (even teen ones!) that don't have any bad stuff in it. 

So now, go check out Elena's and Gray's posts on this, they say it better than I do. 

graymariewrites.blogspot.com
ahomeschoolnerdstale.blogspot.com

So farewell, readers!

7 comments:

  1. Good job! And you know, tweens can rebel, too... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOOOOOPP!!!!!! YES! THAT'S WHAT IM TALKIN BOUT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoop! Preach on, sister! No, literally. I'm serious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that shameless plug for your chocolate cake recipe. Love the spirit of this movement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hallo! I found your blog through Gray Marie's! And I loved this post! :D (Even though I'm a little late to read it...) :D

    ReplyDelete

Please comment!